- Developing and implementing the media and communications strategy for all FHR’s programmes
- Leading the strategies for and manage FHR’s social media platforms
- Websites management and websites content management for the FHR
- Publications – where assigned
- Taking part in or leading project design process to ensure all FHR projects have a strong digital engagement, social media component
- Tertiary qualifications in Media, Journalism or other relevant fields.
- A degree in the above mentioned fields will be an added advantage.
- Proven experience in Media, Communications – especially in Social Media management
- Working knowledge of, and commitment to, human rights especially in South African context
- Strong knowledge of media monitoring, research and analysis, online measurement and report generation
- Proven experience in providing monthly media and social media reports including coverage and trends
- Proven work experience of minimum 4-5 years in managing social media contents and strategies
- Online campaigning experience with a non-profit is an advantage
- Awareness and knowledge of media landscape i.e. daily news, current affairs, television, radio
- Knowledge of and experience with Photoshop and production of visual materials
- Proven experience in writing and editing press releases, articles, stories and opinion pieces
- Manage and respond to media enquiries
Knowledge and Skills
- General knowledge of design and visual trends to create visually, engaging and appealing posts
- Proven track record in social media account growth, preferably in the non-profit sector
- Experience in social media goal setting, strategy and execution
- Understanding of and commitment and sensitivity to human rights issues
- Ability to meet deadlines and respond quickly and effectively under pressure
- Social media advertising skills
- Blogging knowledge and skills
- Basic knowledge of graphic design
- Knowledge of social media storytelling (use of images, video, text to tell a compelling story)
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge of other local South African languages is an advantage.
- This is a fixed-term position without any expectation of renewal or permanent employment.
- FHR reserves the right to cancel the position should the needs of the FHR change or should we regard the applications to be inadequate for its needs.
- To apply, submit a CV along with all relevant educational and or training certificates to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for all application submissions is 16 June 2019.
- Late and incomplete applications will not be considered for the position.
- Only suitable qualified candidates will be considered.
- Provide three traceable references