GENUS (DSI-NRF Centre of Excellence in Palaeosciences) is seeking a Grant Manager to oversee the needs of researchers and students seeking grants to fund their research.
The Grant Manager position is a stewardship role that guides and supports the research undertaken by researchers and students across our universities (Wits, UCT, Rhodes, UFS, UP, NMU) and museum (Iziko Museum of South Africa, Albany Museum, Ditsong National Museum of Natural History, and National Museum, Bloemfontein) Partners. The Grant Manager position will contribute significantly to enabling a collaborative research environment.
Qualiﬁcations and job requirements:
· A Masters degree or equivalent relevant experiences or a Doctoral degree is preferable
· Three years of grant management or project management skills in research management or from a natural science field
· Knowledge of Higher Education environment (finance, procurement, HR, etc.)
· Understanding of the research process and an ability to relate to and interact with scholars
· Attention to detail and the willingness to get involved with a complex and detailed administrative process
· An understanding of the reporting requirements of all relevant types of funders – universities, government, NGOs, and donors
· High level of administrative proficiency concerning management, compliance and reporting
· High-level computer capabilities. Familiarity with Oracle or similar enterprise software systems is an advantage
· Excellent communications skills with proficiency in spoken and written English
· Excellent interpersonal skills with networking abilities
· A desire to be proactive and part of a dynamic, world-class team doing important work by creating an environment within GENUS that is conducive to research, empowering postgraduates, postdoctoral fellows and researchers to reach their goals, and building a knowledge society through science engagement
· Have a strong service culture and a team worker that shows initiative
The Grant Manager incorporates many services that enable researchers and students to benefit from internal and external funding and increase research productivity for GENUS and their university and museum partners.
Must be willing to work after hours if required.
Remuneration: A competitive package is oﬀered and commensurate with the level of appointment.
Amount of Travel: Some travel required.
Work at Home: Flexible with approval from the line manager.
How To Apply
TO APPLY: Submit a covering letter, a detailed CV with names, addresses and contact details of three referees and certified copies of degrees/diplomas, and a statement of accomplished research and future research plans. External applicants are invited to apply by registering their profile on the Wits I-Recruitment platform located or https://irec.wits.ac.za and submitting.
Internal employees are invited to apply directly on Oracle by following the path: iWits/Wits Employee Self Service/Apply for a job tel: +27 (0) 117171434 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information see: https://www.wits.ac.za/chemistry/
CLOSING DATE: 31 August 2022