Commercial Project Manager SI GSW Siemens Grid Software South Africa Midrand, South Africa
Reporting Manager: SI GSW BELNAF FIN Head
Siemens Grid Software: We are accelerating and securing the Energy Transition
Siemens Grid Software enables grid operators as well as industry and infrastructure companies to accelerate and secure the energy transition in a sustainable and profitable way.
The net zero challenge is driving a fundamental change in energy generation and consumption, with a seven-fold increase in DER (Distributed Energy Resources) installations projected by 2030. This ground-breaking transformation of the energy sector, characterized by a bi-directional power flow from intermittent renewable energy resources and new consumption patterns, results in enormous complexity and dynamic behaviour of electric grids.
The comprehensive portfolio of Software products and consulting services approaches grid management in new ways. By combining process and business-critical applications, Siemens Grid Software enables the seamless integration of different IT and OT systems/ processes, data sources, grid assets and DERs. Grid operators can utilize an interoperable and scalable portfolio of grid planning, operations, and maintenance software to ensure highest operational performance and sustainable business success.
Mission/Function of the role:
As Commercial Project Manager (CPM) you will be responsible for the management and completion of all commercial/financial related tasks to contribute to the project and ultimately GSW business success.
You will join a young and dynamic team where you will play a key role in close collaboration with the Project manager, Business Controller and all other stakeholders.
What are the responsibilities of the role?
· Supports the Project Manager and ensures that the financial results are managed according to set targets and with due professional care. Optimization of the project gross profit, cash flow and assets and financing instruments. Ensures all related Project Reporting and Controlling activities
· Ensures the accuracy of project books and records, including recording of such in the appropriate systems, e.g., SAP – ensures compliance with Siemens-Financial Guidelines plus the local accounting requirements supported by the available financial experts.
· Actively communicates with customer’s commercial representatives and manages the solution of commercial issues.
· Together with the PM proactively executes contract and claim management in the project, including involvement and cooperation with the assigned contract manager.
· Supports the PM in identifying, evaluating and assessing risk and opportunities, strategies and response activities – taking over the full responsibility for all commercial risks and opportunities.
· Supports the product / software business portfolio and colleagues in the processing of orders though the full O2C (order to cash process).
· Supports Project Manager regarding the selection of partners / subcontractors.
· Represents the project in the relevant decision boards internally and externally.
· Leads commercial project team members to act according to the Business Conduct Guidelines and establishes a culture of trust and integrity.
· Ensures compliance with the LoA guidelines for all commercial aspects.
In addition to the CPM responsibilities the candidate is also expected to support the Business Controller and GSW Financial Head with general reporting and controlling requirements in
– Decision making in close collaboration with Project Manager & Business Controller
– Constructive and active partnership with technical and sales colleagues.
– Regular and direct relationship with customer, suppliers.
Qualifications and Experience
· Completed bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance (or equivalent)
· 1 – 3 years Project Management Experience
· Professional experience in various commercial functions, commercial project management (Advantageous)
o Knowledge in accounting and controlling
o Detailed and advanced knowledge of financial and accounting regulations.
o Contracts management experience preferred (NEC3/Fidic)
o Experience on Small to Medium Projects advantageous (Project Values: R5M or Less)
· Good communication skills
· You have a sense of initiative and are proactive
· Ability to work under pressure and in an environment with tight deadlines
· Ability to focus on outputs and results to be delivered
· You are a real team player but also can work independently
· Ability to work with diverse cultures
· Must be willing to travel within SA and within Africa
What Siemens can offer you?
Siemens will give you the opportunity to work in international environment and to grow into different functions within the company. You will be able to contribute to the business evolution, to the digital transition and to participate actively to the company achievements.
Your professional development will be supported by permanent coaching, a large internal training offering and the possibility to join a certification program.
Our culture embraces different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That is why we invite you to take on new challenges, test your ideas, and celebrate success.
The company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets under the Employment Equity Act will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
We care about your data privacy and take compliance with the POPI Act, GDPR as well as other data protection legislation seriously. For this reason, we ask you not to send us your CV or resume by email. We ask instead that you create a profile in our talent community where you can upload your CV. Setting up a profile lets us know you are interested in career opportunities with us and makes it easy for us to send you an alert when relevant positions become open
Company: Siemens Proprietary Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Click here to Apply Online