Responsibilities of the Role
Key accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Develops, designs and completes customer proposals in technical aspects (Proposal Engineer).
· Performs site surveys to develop base design or installation plans the relevant product range.
· Analyzes customers’ technical setup in order to better judge on aspects of product and solution integration.
· Completes technical analyses and supports proposal process at any stage as part of the sales team.
· Performs the review of task plans, drawings and installation schematics and provides guidance in the phase of product test integration.
· May support completion of service contracts (i.e. planning and estimation of labor categories, rates, material cost, etc.).
· Liaise with respective sub-contractors on pricing information of technical specifications.
· General tendering within the SI EA Department for enquiries and projects in South Africa and Africa.
· Compilation of complete technical and commercial proposals.
· Liaison with colleagues and clients at all levels.
· Complying with the tender process, ensuring the necessary documentation is completed.
· Providing technical sales support to the front end sales team.
· Attend site clarification meetings and perform site visits as and when required.
Qualifications and Experience
· Relevant Qualification -Degree/Diploma in Electrical Engineering : Light or Heavy current
· 5 – 8 years relevant experience in project engineering/execution or proposals management.
· Knowledge of Control Systems, Switchgear, Instrumentation, Transformers, UPS and Power Supplies (Essential)
· Prior Experience of of electrical construction and installation designs (Essential)
· Must be proficient MS Office
· Must have a valid Drivers License and be willing to travel
· Must have demonstrable experience in relationship building with key customers (Essential)
· Knowledge of FIDIC/NEC Contract Management (Advantageous)
Attributes and skills
· Presentation Skills (Intermediate)
· Should be an analytical thinker.
· Have a good communication and interpersonal skills, combined with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, as well as excellent writing skills.
· Be self-motivated and a self- starter.
· Able to work under pressure (high stress tolerance).
Our culture embraces different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we invite you to take on new challenges, test your ideas, and celebrate success.
The company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets under the Employment Equity Act will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an equal opportunity employer we encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
We care about your data privacy and take compliance with the POPI Act, GDPR as well as other data protection legislation seriously. For this reason, we ask you not to send us your CV or resume by email. We ask instead that you create a profile in our talent community where you can upload your CV. Setting up a profile lets us know you are interested in career opportunities with us and makes it easy for us to send you an alert when relevant positions become open
Company: Siemens Proprietary Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Click here to Apply Online