Key performance areas
· Assist in organizing, conceptualizing and conducting large, advanced spatial analyses as part of a team.
· Maintain or modify existing Geographic Information Systems (GIS) databases.
· Review existing or incoming data for accuracy, usefulness, quality, or completeness of documentation.
· Performing data cleaning to convert data into its desired form.
· Develop geodatabase schemas and analytical methods needed to support project goals.
· Analyse and report on patterns and trends through spatial mapping of data.
· Perform literature searches in order to supplement specialist knowledge and support healthcare policy and decisions.
· Communicate and collaborate with team members and individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds, both technical and non-technical.
Required minimum education and training
MSc in Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Computer Science, Biostatistics/ Epidemiology, or a related field.
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
· Advanced GIS software knowledge and experience including Esri GIS core products (e.g., ArcGIS, ArcGIS Online)
· Intermediate knowledge of programming languages (e.g. Python, R) and relational database management system software (e.g. SQL)
· Knowledge of statistical analysis and statistical software programmes (e.g. STATA, SAS, SPSS)
· Good understanding of geospatial (GIS) reporting
· Understanding of the design of database architectures, data warehouses, data migrations, visual design/ dashboards
· Research interest in priority diseases
· Knowledge or interest in epidemiology practices
· Knowledge of data quality management practices and data security and privacy
· Advanced communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
· Self-motivated and ability to work under pressure
· Must be able to multi-task and prioritize tasks within multiple ongoing projects
· Ability to work independently
· Attention to detail
Required minimum work experience
1-3 years of professional work experience including experience with laboratory data analysis.
Closing Date: 13 May 2022
How To Apply
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject heading of the email must read Data Scientist and the job title of position applying for. Please include the following documentation:
· A cover letter (maximum one page) that clearly states which vacancy you are applying for
· A detailed CV